Your Adventist Cancer Center Treatment Team Includes:
- Medical Oncologist: A physician who oversees and coordinates your cancer care from screening to chemotherapy options to post-treatment support
- Surgical Oncologist: A specialist who focuses on cancer removal using the least invasive techniques possible
- Radiation Oncologist: A Physician who uses high-energy radiation therapy to treat, shrink and kill tumors and cancer cells
- Interventional Oncologist: An expert in minimally invasive treatments that directly target cancer cells and tumors with advanced, image-guided technology
- Oncology-Certified Nurse: A nurse who will be with you during chemotherapy treatments and be your qualified source of information and communication with other team members.
- Patient Navigator: An RN with special certifications in cancer care. Navigators will be your advocate and guide serving as a dedicated liason between you and your physicians. Your navigator will stay with you from diagnosis to recovery. Learn more about our Patient Navigator program.
- Therapist: A specialist who is trained to deliver just the amount of radiation therapy prescribed by your radiation oncologist and make sure you are as comfortable as possible during your treatment.
- Nutritionist: A trained specialist who will help you maintain proper body weight and strength and provide you with healthy nutrition sources.
- Psychosocial Counselor: A counselor who can provide emotional support and community resource referrals. Your counselor can also help you navigate the health care system and help you manage the financial challenges of living with cancer.
Contact Us to Learn More
Request more information about our full spectrum of cancer services or request an appointment at an Adventist Cancer Institute facility near you.