Your Gift, Your way
You Have Choices - A Quick Route to the Joy of Giving
One of these options is the one for you. You can experience the joyful act of making a gift that supports caring and healing. An outright cash gift can be put to work immediately for helping others and it is fully tax-deductible. But this is not the only way to give wisely; here’s a list of your top options.
1. Cash Donations and Memorial Gifts An outright gift of cash, check or credit card. Your gift can be an honor or memorial tribute to another person. On our Make a Gift page you can choose the program or area you wish to support. Or call our office at 630.856.2001 for assistance in making a credit card gift.
Mail gifts to
Hinsdale Hospital Foundation or Adventist St. Thomas Hospice
Post Office Box 130 Hinsdale, IL 60522-0130
2. Pledges You can also pledge the gift you really want to make and pay it over time. Call our office to discuss. 1.630.856.2000.
3. Appreciated Stock. You may enjoy tax deductions through a donation of stock that has grown in value (buy low-give high). Find information about stock gifts here on our website.
4. Matching Gifts. Matching gifts can double and even triple the impact of your donation. Many employers will match employees’ charitable contributions dollar-for-dollar, sometimes up to two or three times the amount! Ask your employer’s human resources department if they offer a matching gift program.
5. Gift Options for the Wise Planner
· Bequest Made through a will or living trust, below is suggested language for making a gift in your will: “I hereby give to the Hinsdale Hospital Foundation, an Illinois, 501 (c) (3), not-for-profit supporting Adventist Hinsdale Hospital, Hinsdale, Illinois : The sum of $_________ [amount] AND/OR ______% [percent] of the residue of my estate.”
· Life Insurance Policy Name the Foundation as a beneficiary for part or all of a policy you may no longer need. Contact your insurance company in order to change your beneficiary name.
· Retirement Account Name the Foundation as a beneficiary of a retirement account.
· Charitable Gift Annuity This is a gift that pays you income. In exchange for a donation of cash or assets, the Foundation contracts to make a fixed payment to you and/or a loved one you choose. You receive a tax deduction at the time the gift is made. Part of the regular annuity payment to you is tax-deductible. Visit our website to get an idea about the fixed income for an annuity, or better yet, contact the Foundation at 1.630.856.2000. We can prepare a personal illustration for your situation.
The Hinsdale Hospital Foundation is not engaged in legal or tax advisory services. For advice or assistance in specific cases or about whether or not a gift you are considering fits well into your overall circumstances and planning, the services of an attorney or other professional advisor should be obtained.
6. Gifts of Toys and Other Items - call our Volunteer Services Dept at 1.630.856.2038.
Please contact the Foundation office at 630.856.2001 for further information on these giving options. Your generosity is appreciated and we will tailor the gift giving process to fit your preferences wherever possible!