November 30, 2009
Event raises $11,000 for Adventist GlenOaks Hospital
Glendale Heights – More than $11,000 was raised for women’s health services at Adventist GlenOaks Hospital during the third annual Festival of Flavor, a fundraiser organized by the GlenOaks Hospital Foundation. It was held Sept. 30 at Medinah Shrine Center, 550 Shrine Drive, Addison.
More than 140 guests attended the event, which featured dozens of delicious dishes prepared by chefs from 14 local restaurants.
“We are so grateful to the community and our terrific hospital staff for supporting this worthwhile cause,” said Michelle Kallevik, executive director of the GlenOaks Hospital Foundation. “There were so many positive comments about this event and we are already looking forward to our fourth annual Festival of Flavor.”
Participating restaurants included:
• Adventist GlenOaks Hospital Café, Glendale Heights
• Alberto’s, Carol Stream
• Chicago Pastry, Bloomingdale
• Glendale Lake Golf Club, Glendale Heights
• Indulge Cheesecakes, Bloomingdale
• Jameson’s Charhouse, Bloomingdale
• Ki’s Restaurant, Glendale Heights
• Medinah Banquets, Addison
• Prairie River Restaurant, Itasca
• RocoVino’s Ristorante & Pizzeria, Carol Stream
• Rooster’s Barn & Grill, Bloomingdale
• Sporty’s Catering, Bloomingdale
• Taste of Home Catering, Hinsdale
• Tony & Gia’s Pizzeria, Bloomingdale
Mark your calendars for the 10th annual brunch/theater event, Feb. 7, 2010 at Drury Lane Theater. The show will be “Funny Girl.” Tickets are $65 person and sponsorship opportunities are available. For more information or reservations, please contact the GlenOaks Hospital Foundation at (630) 545-3942.