October 06, 2009
Learn about modernization project at community forum
Hinsdale – Community members can learn more about Adventist Hinsdale Hospital’s modernization project at an upcoming community forum. Chief Executive Officer David L. Crane will share the organization’s vision for the future at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 15 at the Community House, 415 W. Eighth St., Hinsdale. Please register by calling 630.856.7525. For more information or to comment on the project, visit www.AdventistHinsdaleModernization.com.
“For more than a century, Adventist Hinsdale Hospital has been integral in providing healthcare to our community,” Crane said. “Our campus has evolved many times over the years to meet the needs of our patients. Now the time has come for us to modernize our facility to complement our high level of care and create an environment of health and healing for our patients and caregivers.”
Hospital leaders have submitted plans to the state and village of Hinsdale for approval. Highlights of the plan include:
• spacious, private patient suites,
• a new entrance that will provide shelter from the weather and easy access to patient, services and registration,
• a bright and spacious new lobby,
• a new chapel,
• a new south patient pavilion that blends with the rest of the hospital, and
• separate corridors for patients and for visitors to ensure privacy and comfort.
“Our vision for the hospital’s next century of service has been guided by valuable community, patient, physician and caregiver feedback,” Crane said. “Community involvement will continue to be important to us as we continue this process.”