Glendale Heights, IL – Adventist GlenOaks Hospital will honor local fallen paramedics and firefighters during a ceremony Monday, May 19. Six departed members of four local fire departments will be honored with individual bricks inscribed with their names. The bricks will become part of a memorial area in the hospital’s Wellness Garden.
The event coincides with the 35th annual National Emergency Medical Services Week, which brings together local communities and medical personnel to publicize safety and honor the dedication of those who provide the day-to-day lifesaving services of medicine’s front line. The following individuals will be honored:
· Jeff Herrick, firefighter/paramedic, Bloomingdale Fire Protection District
- Lee Palamidis, firefighter/paramedic, Bloomingdale Fire Protection District
- Thomas Petges, firefighter/paramedic, Bloomingdale Fire Protection District
- Michael Puntillo, chief, Addison Fire Department
- Terry Sheridan, firefighter/paramedic, Glenside Fire Protection District
- Anthony Reynolds, firefighter/paramedic, Carol Stream Fire Protection District
“The firefighters and paramedics that serve our community are true heroes,” said Brinsley Lewis, CEO of Adventist GlenOaks Hospital. “It is our duty to honor them not just today, not just this week but every day for the selfless service they provide.”
Media are invited to cover the event.
Adventist Midwest Health includes Adventist Bolingbrook Hospital, Adventist GlenOaks Hospital, Adventist Hinsdale Hospital and Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital. To find a physician, visit www.keepingyouwell.com.