January 07, 2010
Adventist Midwest Health doctors among Chicago’s best
Hinsdale – Eight doctors who treat patients at Adventist Midwest Health’s four suburban Chicago hospitals made the list of “Chicago's Top Doctors,” featured in the January 2010 issue of Chicago Magazine.
“We are honored that so many of the physicians who choose to treat their patients at our facilities are being recognized as the best and brightest in the Chicago area,” said Adventist Midwest Health CEO David L. Crane. “This is further confirmation of the world-class care we offer patients right in their own communities.”
The list includes:
• Dr. Thomas Gallagher, internal medicine: Adventist Hinsdale Hospital
• Dr. Richard Wiet, otolaryngology, specializing in acoustic neuroma, hearing loss, otosclerosis, stapedectomy, cochlear implants: Adventist Hinsdale Hospital
• Dr. Kenneth Schiffman, orthopedic surgery: Adventist Hinsdale Hospital
• Dr. Neeraj Jain, pain medicine, specializing in back and neck pain, RSD, shingles and postherpetic neuralgia pain: Adventist Hinsdale Hospital and Adventist Bolingbrook Hospital
• Dr. Jeffrey Feinstein, radiation oncology, specializing in brachytherapy and stereotactic radiosurgery: Adventist Hinsdale Hospital and Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital
• Dr. Bryan Foy, thoracic surgery, specializing in heart transplants, ventricular assist device (VAD): Adventist Hinsdale Hospital, Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital, Adventist Bolingbrook Hospital
• Dr. Robert Pasciak, urology, specializing in prostate cancer, prostate disease, incontinence: Adventist Hinsdale Hospital
• Dr. Steven Smith, vascular and interventional radiology, specializing in peripheral angioplasty, uterine fibroid embolization, varicocele embolization, pelvic congestion syndrome: Adventist Hinsdale Hospital, Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital, Adventist Bolingbrook Hospital, Adventist GlenOaks Hospital
Adventist Midwest Health includes Adventist Bolingbrook Hospital in Bolingbrook, Adventist GlenOaks Hospital in Glendale Heights, Adventist Hinsdale Hospital in Hinsdale and Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital in La Grange.
The list, prepared for the magazine by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd., includes almost 350 Chicago-area doctors, broken down by 57 specialties. Using a rigorous screening process, Castle Connolly’s physician-led team of researchers surveyed physicians and medical leaders at top local hospitals to find highly skilled, exceptional doctors.