Glendale Heights – Adventist GlenOaks Hospital has been re-designated by the state of Illinois as an Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics. This designation means the hospital’s emergency room is specially equipped to care for critically ill or injured children and adolescents.
“While no parent ever expects to need a trip to the emergency department, it’s comforting to know Adventist GlenOaks Hospital is always here for you,” said Marion Schneider, administrative director, emergency services.
“We couldn’t have achieved this re-designation without the hard work of our staff and the support of our local emergency medical services providers.”
The re-designation, granted by the Illinois Department of Public Health, is effective until 2015.
Adventist GlenOaks Hospital’s innovative emergency department was designed with patients’ needs and comfort in mind. A Level II Trauma Center, the hospital provides timely emergency care in private patient rooms where patients’ guests may join them. Other features:
- * Heliport on site, in case a transfer is needed to a Level I trauma center for the most complex needs
- * Physicians board-certified in emergency medicine
- * Registered nurses certified in trauma nursing
- * Specialists available 24/7, including cardiologists, orthopedic surgeons, obstetricians and other specialties
- * On-site MRI, digital X-ray and electronic medical system allow for fast and accurate diagnostics — with test results sent electronically to primary care physicians
- * Comprehensive cardiac services right here, including cardiac catheterization, angiograms, angioplasty, stent placement and pacemaker insertions
- * Quality ratings that exceed Illinois and national benchmarks
Adventist Midwest Health includes Adventist Bolingbrook Hospital, Adventist GlenOaks Hospital, Adventist Hinsdale Hospital and Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital. To find a physician, visit www.keepingyouwell.com.
Physicians on the medical staff of Adventist Midwest Health Hospitals are independent contractors, and are not agents of the hospitals.
Media contact: Lisa Parro, senior public relations specialist, Adventist Midwest Health, Lisa.email@example.com; 630-856-2354