Help is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. In the event of an immediate psychiatric crisis, please go to the Adventist Hinsdale Hospital Emergency Department for an assessment. For information or to schedule a confidential evaluation, call 630-856-5284.
Adventist Hinsdale Hospital's Behavioral Medicine Inpatient Services provides collaborative care for adolescents and adults experiencing acute distress related to emotional, physical, behavioral and addiction disorders. We seek to create and maintain a healing atmosphere of trust and spiritual nurturing.
Patients and their families can:
- Begin a recovery process
- Stabilize distressing symptoms
- Contribute to their individualized treatment plan
- Participate in a comprehensive therapeutic/educational program
Scope of Service
- Dedicated 17 bed inpatient unit closely monitored 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
- Safe and supportive environment
- Multidisciplinary team of caring professionals
- Needs of patient and the family are identified upon admission and on on-going basis using interdisciplinary approach
- Patient education
- Emphasis on continuity of treatment
- Self reflection
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
- Spirituality support
- Medication education and monitoring
- Dual diagnosis
- Occupational therapies
- Individualized discharge planning
- Individualized adolescent treatment program
Individualized Medical Care Plan
Every patient has a history and physical done within 24 hours of admission. The patient has a medical consult for the length of inpatient stay. Average length of stay is 5-7 days.
Continued Care through Outpatient Programs
After discharge, Adventist Hinsdale Hospital offers the patient continued care through Outpatient Programs:
The Partial Hospitalization Program enables patient to participate in a structured treatment program during the days (Monday through Friday, 9:15 a.m. to 3 p.m.) then return home each evening.
The Intensive Outpatient Program gives patients the chance to participate in a structured treatment plan part-time while they transition back to home and work or other responsibilities. This program provides half-day treatment (Monday through Friday, 9:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.)
Two levels of outpatient care are:
- Partial Hospitalization (Monday through Friday, 6 hours/day)
- Intensive Outpatient (Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 3 hours/day)
Support for the Whole Family
Adventist Hinsdale Hospital has a partnership with NAMI DuPage to provide support and services for patients and their families.