Each of the 13 care units at Adventist Hinsdale Hospital is a blend of consistency and uniqueness. The consistency shows in the unit-based leadership model, Magnet tenets, and Watson “carative” principles that guide the mission and vision of each unit. The unique qualities become clear as you walk from one unit to the other and observe the specific ways the nurses apply the Magnet and Watson principles to their individual patient populations.
Scope of Care:The Lab/Blood Center Center serves several patient populations, including:
- Perioperative Patients: Our unit provides services to patients of all ages who are pre-depositing blood (Autologous) for upcoming surgery.
Rh-Negative Mothers: We provide outpatient rhogam injections and patient education to Rh-negative mothers.
- Therapeutic Apheresis: Patients who have autoimmune, hematological, neurological, metabolic, oncologic or renal disorders are treated in the Lab/Blood Center. Patients may treated on an outpatient or In-house basis (CCU, ICU, Neurology, Oncology).
- Therapuetic Phlebotomy: Patients with hematological blood diseases (such as Polycythemia), or genetic disorders (such as hereditary hemachromatosis) are given care in either an in-house or outpatient basis, depending upon doctor recommendations.
Cardiac Catheterization Lab / Electrophysiology Lab
Scope of Care: The CCL/ EP Lab[s] provide a variety of cardiovascular diagnostic and interventional procedures. The scope of practice is divided into tasks performed by highly skilled registered nurses, licensed radiologic technologists, certified cardiovascular specialists, board certified cardiologists, and board certified electrophysiologists. Our labs are equipped with the latest in technology.
Intensive Care Unit
Scope of Care: Primary clients are not limited to surgical and ventilator-dependent cases, but also include trauma cases, sepsis and other cases calling for critical care nursing. Additionally, the Intensive Care Unit admits many elderly patients at risk for sudden deterioration. The staff is trained to recognize and intervene quickly and appropriately before a client’s condition deteriorates to an irreversible state.
5 West Comprehensive Treatment Unit of Adventist Institute for Behavioral Medicine
Scope of Care: Our dedicated 17 bed psychiatric unit is a setting where patients are closely assessed, treated, and monitored seven days a week, 24 hours a day. It is designed to provide a safe, supportive environment with a multidisciplinary team of caring professionals who understand the complexity of psychiatric disorders. The needs of the patient and family are identified upon admission and on an ongoing basis through our interdisciplinary team approach.
Scope of Care:
Women and Children's Services
Scope of Care: Five departments comprise the The Women and Children’s Service department at Adventist Hinsdale Hospital:
- Labor and Delivery
- Family Centered Care Antepartum/Postpartum Unit
- Family Care Nursery
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Pediatrics/Pediatric Intensive Care
- Maternal Fetal Medicine Center
- Still Missed Parent Support program