Clinical Pastoral Education with AMITA Health
Our Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) program provides a supportive context for exploring the significance of stories - the patient's and our own.
The CPE group becomes a learning community that provides focused opportunities in seminars and direct patient care for enhancing spiritual care skills and learning the theeory that supports these skills. AMITA Health Adventist Midwest Health is accredited by the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education to offer Level I and Level II CPE. Applications are accepted throughout the year.
Part-time 16 Week Unit
- Class Dates: May 16 - August 30, 2016
- Clinical work is at AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center, Bolingbrook, AMITA Health Adventist Medical GlenOaks, AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center, Hinsdale and AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center, La Grange. Students will be assigned to clinical sites after they begin the program.
- Students are required to work approximately 16 hours per week in clinical ministry and will also be on call for approximately 14 shifts.
- Class also includes a full seminar day each week on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Part-time 22 Week Unit
- Class Dates: October 17, 2016 - March 21, 2017
- Students are required to work approximately 11 hours per week in clinical ministry and will also be on call for approximately 17 shifts.
- Weekly group seminars are scheduled on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
How to Apply
Applications are accepted until 1 month before the start date of the unit. Questions and completed applications may be sent to:
Chaplain Jan McCabe
Ministries & Mission
120 N. Oak Street
Hinsdale, IL 60521