The mission of Adventist Midwest Health is to provide the best care for the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of our patients. We are affiliated with the four Chicago-area hospitals of Adventist Midwest Health.
We have rigorously trained patient care coordinators at each hospital who work closely with physicians, social work services and the patient and family to help facilitate a discharge plan customized to individual needs. This helps us to provide a continuity of care, better communication and better outcomes.
When a patient is ready for discharge from the hospital or sub-acute setting, the patient care coordinator will make sure the needed home care services, supplies and equipment are in place. Our home care staff communicates closely with physicians to coordinate excellent patient care.
All Home Health employees go through a vigorous screening before being accepted into the program. This includes a verification of state licensure, criminal background checks, health and drug screenings, reference checks, and online re-verification of licenses.
Why Home Health Care
Home health care provides a plethora of easy to manage, cost-effective options for you and your loved one such as:
- Decrease in hospital length of stay
- Managed care
- Improved patient outcomes
- Faster healing due to the comfort of your own home
- Higher patient satisfaction as patient is able to recuperate at home
- Best practice, evidence-based patient care
- Improved understanding of disease process
- Increased independence
- Early intervention
- Continuum of care
- JCAHO (Joint Commission Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations) accredited
- State of Illinois Department of Public Health Licensed
- Medicare/Medicaid certified
Adventist Health Care at Home is in compliance with government rules and regulations that require all staff to demonstrate their understanding of compliance policies and procedures through annual education and competency testing.