Summary: Adventist Midwest Health’s public relations and marketing teams won 14 Pinnacle Awards from the Illinois Society for Healthcare Marketing and Public Relations (ISHMPR) at the organization’s 2012 annual conference Nov. 2.
Hinsdale – Adventist Midwest Health’s public relations and marketing teams won 14 Pinnacle Awards, including the Best of Show award, from the Illinois Society for Healthcare Marketing and Public Relations (ISHMPR) at the organization’s 2012 annual conference Nov. 2. ISHMPR, an affiliate of the Illinois Hospital Association, is the state’s largest organization dedicated to the advancement of healthcare marketing and communications professionals.
Nearly 30 hospitals and healthcare systems from across the state submitted 110 entries in 26 project categories. Entries were judged on their own merit in accordance with established criteria for project planning, implementation and overall results. The conference and awards presentation took place at the Courtyard Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile. A complete list of award winners will be posted at www.ishmpr.org.
The public relations team, consisting of Regional Director Julie Busch, of Yorkville, Sheila Galloro, of Chicago, Rebecca Larson, of Winfield, and Katie Klinger, of Hoffman Estates, is based in Hinsdale.
The marketing team consists of Lyn Burgess of La Grange Park, director of marketing for Adventist Hinsdale and Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospitals, Ronda Klocko, of Chicago, director of marketing for Adventist Bolingbrook Hospital, Erin Gerber, of St. Charles, administrative director, marketing and service line development at Adventist GlenOaks Hospital, and Emily Goulding, of Chicago, community partnerships specialist, also at Adventist GlenOaks Hospital.
“Public relations and marketing are an important part of our overall strategic vision,” said David L. Crane, president and chief executive officer, Adventist Midwest Health. “These teams communicate our mission, values and progress in a clear and cost-effective way. We are no longer content being known as the best-kept secret in town; we are proud to share the stories of how we are extending the healing ministry of Christ in our communities every day.”
The team was recognized with the following awards:
- Best of Show: Adventist Hinsdale Hospital’s Friends & Neighbors Open House event. The Best of Show award is the highest award to be given at the conference. This project also won an Award of Excellence in the Special Event category, and received a perfect score of 60/60 points. Led by AHH/ALMH Burgess, the event was held in March to promote the opening of the new patient pavilion. More than 2,500 guests attended. Comments from the judges included: “Great job. Measurable results! This is the highest score I gave all day!!” and “Awesome collateral. Excellent plan. Great job showing results and goals.”
- Award of Excellence: Website Design/Development. Led by Larson and Klinger, this award was for the re-design and re-launch of the organization’s web site, keepingyouwell.com.
- Award of Excellence: eMarketing & Social Media: Adventist Hinsdale Hospital Friends & Neighbors Open House. As part of the event, social media was used to encourage visitors to attend, along with Facebook ads and an e-newsletter.
- Award of Excellence: Video Production – Wellness Program, featuring Laurie Crozier. The PR team wrote and produced a video about the new wellness team, and spotlighted employee Laurie Crozier, who lost more than 130 pounds through this initiative.
- Award of Excellence: Video Production – Superhero Video. Adventist Midwest Health CEOs dressed as superheroes in a video made for the kickoff of a leadership conference for the organization’s 400+ leaders. The video was directed by Klocko and written by Sheila Galloro, public relations specialist. “Very creative and funny,” wrote the judges. “Your leaders are obviously good sports. This was an innovative way to get your message out in an entertaining way. Good job!”
- Award of Merit: Special Events – Adventist GlenOaks Hospital Grill on the Hill. Adventist GlenOaks Hospital won an award for its Grill on Hill event, which honors local EMS personnel during National EMS Week. The event, led by Gerber, achieved 100 percent attendance from all seven local EMS departments, and every chief and deputy chief attended, as well as the mayor – an unprecedented success!
- Award of Merit: PR Project – Permanent Patient. The PR team managed a high-profile story that garnered national media attention. At Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital, staff had been caring for an undocumented Polish immigrant for two years. The award recognizes the media coverage of the story, and the work done in managing the messages and media activity.
- Award of Merit: Video Production – e-Chaplain Video. The PR team wrote and produced a video about the new e-chaplain program, which explains how this effort supports the mission of extending the healing ministry of Christ.
- Award of Merit: Writing Project – Hope & Healing, Lake Union Herald July 2012 issue. The PR team wrote 8 stories for the Lake Union Herald, a magazine for the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Video Production – The Heart Behind the Coffee Counter Video. The PR team featured Debbie Skourletos, a coffee barista at Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital, as “the heart behind the coffee counter.”
- Integrated Marketing Campaign – Keeping Chicago Well. This award was for the third and final year of the Keeping Chicago Well marketing campaign, which highlighted physicians as experts in keeping families healthy and well. This is the third Pinnacle award this project has won.
- Community Newsletter – My Hospital: Linking You to Wellness. Produced by Klocko, this newsletter highlights the latest offerings and services at the hospital, plus the community outreach activities.
Adventist Midwest Health includes Adventist Bolingbrook Hospital, Adventist GlenOaks Hospital, Adventist Hinsdale Hospital and Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital. To find a physician, visit www.keepingyouwell.com.
Media contact: Julie Busch, regional director, Adventist Midwest Health, Julie.email@example.com; 630-856-2353.