In 2007, Aging Care Connections partnered with Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital to establish the Aging Resource Center (ARC). The ARC, located on the first floor of the Patient Care Center, offers older adults and their families the opportunity to explore community services and resources, health information, and caregiving materials on an outpatient basis or prior to discharge from acute and/or skilled settings.
The ARC serves as a satellite location of Aging Care Connections, and is designed to ensure that plans are made before a patient is discharged from the hospital or nursing facility minimizing delay in obtaining in-home services.
The ARC also provides assistance on an outpatient basis to older adults and families at the hospital, by phone and by e-mail. Patients and families are invited to visit the ARC for support, information and to discuss care options.
The ARC offers patients and families:
Connection to services
- On-site assessment for seamless access to in-home services
- Follow-up services at home or during short-term nursing home stays provided by professional care managers
- Home delivered meals
- Bathing and housekeeping assistance
- Information and support for caregivers
- Adaptive equipment
- State and federal benefit programs
- Additional community resources
Health information and educational materials
- Books and videotapes on a variety of health topics
- Assistance navigating health and long term care websites
- Caregiver resources
- Information from national health associations
For assistance and information please visit or call:
Aging Resource Center Room A1390 (near the Dixon Education Center)
Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital
5101 S. Willow Springs Road
La Grange, IL 60525
Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
(or by appointment)