Visitors are good medicine for the well-being and recovery of patients and are welcome during visiting hours. We ask that visitors follow these guidelines:
- Be considerate of other patients by keeping noise to a minimum.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious disease should not visit patients.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments.
- Observe "No Visiting" and precaution signs before entering the room.
- No smoking.
- 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. daily
- On some units, such as Behavioral Medicine, The Birck Family Women's and Children's Center and the Critical Care Units, visiting hours may vary. Please contact the individual unit for specific information.
- For security purposes, the main entrances are secured from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. Visitors will need to use the Emergency Entrance between these hours.
Directions and maps are available to help you find Adventist Hinsdale Hospital, which is conveniently located at 120 N. Oak Street in Hinsdale, IL.
The Gift Shop, located on the first floor, stocks a variety of toiletries, gifts, toys, greeting cards and stationery.
Gift Shop hours are:
8:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. Monday – Thursday
8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Friday
12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Sunday (closed entirely the 4th Sunday of every month)
Located on Level B-1, the cafeteria offers a healthy selection of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. A vending area located down the hall from the dining room is open 24 hours a day.
Health Science Library and Information Center
Located on Level B-1, the Library has a Health Advisor Database, up-to-date reference books and other resources to provide patients and their families with information. You may ask your nurse to request information for you, have a family member stop by, or call the library at ext. 7230.
Public telephones are located just off the main lobby.