Taking a few moments to prepare for your surgery will help us provide you with the best quality care.
When your surgeon schedules your procedure, a representative from Pre-admission Testing Center (PATC) will contact you to ask a series of health related questions to individualize your plan of care. If you need blood work or additional testing, we will schedule an appointment prior to surgery.
We will ask you to arrive 1 ½ - 2-hours prior to your surgery start time. After you check-in at registration, you will be directed to the Day Surgery Center on the second floor of the hospital and escorted to your private room.
This time is used to review your admission history for any changes, to obtain any additional testing ordered by your surgeon or anesthesiologist, to perform pre-operative patient preparations and provide you with education on what to expect before and after your surgery.
What to Bring
To ensure your admission to Adventist GlenOaks Hospital goes smoothly, please bring the following:
- A photo ID, such as a driver’s license or passport
- A list of all your current medicines—prescription and over-the-counter
- Any forms your primary care physician gave you to bring to the hospital
- Any relevant medical insurance information, including insurance cards, pre-certification, and any other documentation required by your insurer
- A list of emergency contact numbers
Please feel free to bring personal items, such as pajamas, slippers, bathrobe, socks, reading glasses, books, photographs, laptops, portable music devices or anything that would make you more comfortable. Adventist GlenOaks Hospital is not liable for personal belongings in the event of theft or breakage. Please remember cell phones should only be used in common areas: main lobby, family lounges, Café, etc. Please do not use cell phones in patient rooms.