Care for Adults
Behavioral health is a major emphasis here. Adventist GlenOaks Hospital has nearly 60 beds (hospital rooms) designated for patients with behavioral health concerns. Adults experiencing acute crises, or ongoing or serious mental illness may be admitted to our inpatient treatment program. Our physician-directed programs offer intensive, holistic care on a short-term basis.
Our inpatient Behavioral Health center includes four distinct hospital units focusing on the different needs of specific patient groups. Within each unit, staff and programs are targeted to the unique needs of that patient sector. Specialized units include:
- Geriatric patients, including diagnoses of Alzheimer’s and other dementias.
- Chronic (long-term) psychiatric disorders
- Acute (crisis oriented) mental health issues
- Less severe or shorter-term needs.
Treatment services are tailored to each patient’s needs. In particular, adult inpatient services offer:
- Treatment for bipolar disorder, depression, schizophrenia, dual diagnosis or other diagnoses.
- Individualized treatment plans tailored to each patient’s unique needs.
- Individual and group therapy.
- Expressive therapies, including art, music and recreational therapy.
- Medication management
- Comprehensive discharge planning and referral to supportive resources for long-term needs.