Before arriving on the day of your procedure, follow these steps on what you should and should not do:
- Shower or bathe with antibacterial soap.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing.
- Make a list of your regular medications, including dosage strength and times and bring it with you to the hospital.
- Bring any inhalers or CPAP mask and tubing.
- Bring any supplies needed to remove contacts, dentures, etc.
- Eat or drink (as instructed in your pre-testing appointment or by your surgeon). This includes gum, mints, and water.
- Wear makeup, including lipstick and mascara or nail polish. Absolutely no jewelry can be worn.
- Bring cash, credit cards or a laptop to the hospital. Leave them at home, if possible.
- Do not apply lotions or powders after pre-operative shower.
Be sure to arrive at Adventist Bolingbrook Hospital at the time indicated by the nurse who will call you the day prior to surgery. Once you arrive on the hospital campus, park in the main parking lot and enter through the front entrance. Follow the signs to Surgical Care.
If you are under age 18, your parent or guardian must be present to stay with you on the day of your procedure.