Adventist Bolingbrook Hospital now offers state-of-the-art PET-CT imaging services.
The PET-CT scanner is an important tool used to measure major body functions such as blood flow and oxygen use as well as provide excellent anatomic information. It provides images that pinpoint the location of abnormalities in the body, allowing our trained physicians to make more accurate diagnoses.
Your doctor will recommend a PET-CT scan if it is necessary. Your doctor's office will provide information on appointment times at a hospital near you.
Preparing for Your PET-CT Scan
- Please eat a high-protein, low-carbohydrate diet the day before the scan.
- Avoid rigorous activities the day before your scan.
- Please do not eat for 4-6 hours prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- You are encouraged to drink plain water only during this 4-6 hour period. (Please do not replace plain water with flavored water drinks such as Gatorade, Propel, etc.)
- Please continue to take regularly scheduled medications if they can be tolerated on an empty stomach. (Consult your doctor if you have any questions.)
- Please do not chew gum on the day of your scan.
- You should be able to lie flat on your back for 20-30 minutes in order to complete the scan.
- Dress warmly and comfortably for your scan.
- Bring your photo ID and insurance cards.